Remote CCTV monitoring services provide you with peace of mind. And with our CCTV monitoring you can feel reassured that you have a 24/7 security solution in place that’s managed by highly skilled personnel at our ARC.
Remotely monitored CCTV deters intruders and immediate action is always taken to minimise both risk and damage. With unmonitored CCTV, footage can only be reviewed retrospectively: after the damage has been done.
There are up to 5.9 million CCTV cameras in the UK – make yours one of the effective ones with remote monitoring from Platinum Security.
How do remote CCTV monitoring services work?
Remote CCTV monitoring is simple:
- Your Internet connection routes the CCTV images from cameras at your site over the web to our CCTV Monitoring Station (ARC).
- The connection between your security system and the ARC can be live at all times or automatically switched on at the end of the working day.
- Our ARC software monitors activity. As soon as an alarm is activated on your site, the incident is routed to the screen of one of the ARC security professionals.
- These professional operators will then monitor activity manually. They can pan and zoom cameras, switch cameras for a better view, and rerun recent footage.
If they identify a risk to your site they will react immediately:
- They call the emergency services
- They call you (if that’s what you want)
- And they communicate with intruders via loudspeaker.
Nine times out of ten our loudspeaker warning is enough to drive the intruders away.
But because they’re describing live events, the emergency services will react regardless. If it were a static alarm signal, without any visual verification, the incident may be deprioritised.
IP (Internet Protocol) network camera technology has opened up a new world of remote surveillance and security solutions to protect people and property, reduce crime and improve crime detection.
The versatility of IP technology means that in its simplest form it can be used to provide a small alarm, CCTV and access control system, the means to protect your premises. Platinum Security’s IP network CCTV systems can integrate with a wide variety of other IP based security systems using other technologies such as satellite and wireless technology.
This means that IP is also the ideal technology for enterprise wide surveillance and security systems for larger companies and organisations. We believe that by combining the Intruder Alarm System and IP Networked CCTV System with our Central Station Monitoring Service, enables us to offer a significantly enhanced service to our customers.
Why would you need Remote CCTV Monitoring?
- Businesses are at risk from vandalism and theft every day
- Crime rates and insurance premiums are escalating.
- No matter how sophisticated a CCTV system is, without Remote Monitoring, it can only record the crime as it happens.
- Changes to the ACPO (Association of Chief Police Officers) Policy means the ‘Police Response’ to your site can no longer be guaranteed without Sequential Alarm Confirmation.
- Remotely managing security removes concerns over staff safety.
The benefits of Remote Video Response
- Visually verified incidents ensure that the required response is immediate when an event is taking place
- Helps to maintain ‘Police Response’ and can greatly reduce insurance premiums.
- Digitally recorded images of evidential quality help identify the accused.
- Controls out of hours access to your site at a fraction of the cost of employing a security officer.
- Provides reliable 24 hour, 7 days a week, 365 days a year independent remote site protection.
Remote monitoring has far reaching capabilities from simple camera systems to communications solutions through Internet Protocol (IP) technology.